Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The spark


It’s been a short summer; they seem to get shorter with time coupled with increasing responsibilities. It makes sense, less idle time and more time to “act” like a model citizen-- whatever that’s supposed to mean, right?

I guess I’ve had my moments of being rebellious or imaginative however you’d like to put it, but for the most part I’ve always followed the rules and displayed more than my share of being responsible since a young age, so I have to wonder, where exactly does that leave me?

The summation of what I’ve accomplished leaves me unsatisfied; essentially, there’s a vacancy behind a cage of bones where a machine supposed beat and I can’t put my finger on it but I want more than just a college degree and a nine to five job. More or less, life just seems more mundane when you’re working to pay bills, especially when those bills have little to do with the betterment of you as a person. I refuse to accept that at some point in our life, we lose that zeal that once made mundane task not only tolerable but also exciting.

Perhaps I’m immature in my thinking, impatient or both, and maybe I have yet to fully understand the process of being an “adult,” and quiet possibly that just might come with time but at the moment, I’m not at the place or position I want to be in my life so until then I’m going to try to resist the stronghold that conformity has over the masses.

P.S I don’t think I have a problem with growing up, it’s losing that carefree nature that makes our eyes glisten that scares me. If we don’t have that spark , what sets us apart from everyone else?

No comments: