After a great effort traveling down the path you've been on and the majority of your energy reserves nearly expended, you approach a brick wall; how do you deal with the obstruction blocking you from your desired path? Do you:
A) Turn around and head back in the direction from where you came
B) Find away to climb over the obstruction
C) Set up camp and try again later.
Or D) Other...please elaborate
As of late, I've had a tendency of picking A, and if you are like me, you may also be thinking what a waste to come so close and then retreat because of exhaustion, especially when what's on the other side is more rewarding considering the great effort that was put forth to get there. Trying to re-frame this mentality is difficult but I guess I've vouched that upon reaching another brick wall I will think, this brick wall was placed here to remind me how badly I wanted what's on the other side. So in my mind I've decided, I only want there to be one option, to fight on and find a way to climb over the things obstructing me from getting to my next goal.
A) Turn around and head back in the direction from where you came
B) Find away to climb over the obstruction
C) Set up camp and try again later.
Or D) Other...please elaborate
As of late, I've had a tendency of picking A, and if you are like me, you may also be thinking what a waste to come so close and then retreat because of exhaustion, especially when what's on the other side is more rewarding considering the great effort that was put forth to get there. Trying to re-frame this mentality is difficult but I guess I've vouched that upon reaching another brick wall I will think, this brick wall was placed here to remind me how badly I wanted what's on the other side. So in my mind I've decided, I only want there to be one option, to fight on and find a way to climb over the things obstructing me from getting to my next goal.
2 comments:
Option D) Other- Bust through that shit like you didn't even see it. Turning around on the other side to appreciate the marvelous mess of brick you've made.
I think you are right, very, very right Maria!
Post a Comment