
Two weeks ago today I got a call from my manager asking me to prepare for a lead role in a film opposite Pierce Brosnan. I thought what a great opportunity to start something new.
Through the weekend I learned my lines and mentally prepared myself for all possibilities. The day of my audition, I thought nerves would have the better of me and to some extent they did. Nevertheless, I went into the audition and after reading with the casting director I was asked to return for a callback. Excited and running on a rush of adrenaline, I found that maybe, just maybe the universe and stars would align in my favor.
Late Friday afternoon I received the script and read it that evening. Immediately afterwards I decided that I have to get this role. Monday swung it’s head back around and I sat in my car waiting outside the audition sight. “Come September you can be starting a new direction in life!” At that instant, I realized that I was in trouble; I had become deeply invested in this role and I hadn’t even secured it. I left my car and walked to the audition site sitting in the couch waiting for them to see me.
“Mauricio, thanks for coming back!” The casting director said as he led me to the audition room. There sat the director along with Alex, whom I would be reading the scene with. I took a deep breath and began reciting the lines.
Five days later I sit wondering if I have the role or not. After 5pm today, if I don’t hear from my manager I’m making the assumption that the role has been offered to someone else and in that case, it’s time to redraft the plans that I had started fantasizing in my head.
No comments:
Post a Comment